Search the Capella library and the Internet for scholarly and professional peer-reviewed articles on medical technology used to manage patients post-hospitalization. You will need at least three articles to use as support for your work on this assessment.
Assume you work in a rural health care center. The facility just received a generous grant from a health care foundation. The funds from this grant must be used to acquire new technologies to foster better health outcomes for residents who live in remote areas. The Director of Nursing has formed a committee to research types of patient care technologies that are available to manage and monitor patients upon their release from care. You have been asked to look into the different types of technologies available for patients who are discharged from the hospital and cannot travel hundreds of miles for frequent follow-up appointments. You were also asked to provide evidence-based research to support your selections.
Write a 3–4 page report for the committee that provides your findings:
- Summarize the issues facing rural health care providers’ efforts to deliver quality care.
- Explain the use of information management tools and technologies to monitor and improve outcomes.
- Recommend three new technologies that improve patient outcomes post-hospitalization, in rural settings.
- Support your recommendations for new technologies with evidence-based research.
Format this report following current APA style, paying close attention to headings and subheadings, paragraph structure, and proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Your report should meet the following criteria:
- Contain between 750–1000 words (3–4 pages).
- Include a minimum of 3 references. (These must be recent, from within the past five years.)
- Be double-spaced in Times New Roman font, 12 point.
- apa format