I’m trying to study for my Business course and I need some help to understand this question.
At Home Quiz 3
Applied Research – Summer, 2019
<<Please complete the following problems below both by hand and by computer. When doing it by hand, complete the problem in the quiz itself.With computer, make sure you include the copy of your spss output and in the output highlight or write/type the answers to the questions provided below. When doing by hand, show work. You do not have to find standard deviations by hand.What you get from the spss output can be used instead for hand calculations.>>
The Marriott Corporation operates the largest of hotel and motel properties in the world (30 Brands including Ritz Carlton and Marriott Vacation Club).The Fairfield Inn and the Residence Inn are just two of the hotel brands that Marriott owns.
You work as a summer intern at the Fairfield Inn, Little Rock, AR. You were asked to determine if the average length of stay in the last 6 months of this year at your hotel (Fairfield Inn, Little Rock) was different to the average length of stay for the first 6 months of this year at all the Fairfield Inns in the State of Arkansas.It has been determined that the average length of stay at all Fairfield Inns in the state of Arkansas for the last 6 months was 1.40.
For the research, you randomly selected 10 guests who stayed at the Fairfield Inn at Little Rock in the last 6 months and recorded the number of days they spent. This information is provided below.
1 2 1 2 3 1 1 1 2 1
1. Determine if the average stay at Fairfield Inn Little Rock is different than the average stay in all Fairfield Inn locations in the state of Arkansas which is known to be 1.40 days.Please state the hypotheses for this test.
2. What is the value of the Test Statistic and the p-value?
3. What is the statistical and the administrative decision at the 0.05 level of significance?
Marriott Corporation position Residence Inn chain for those customers who often want to stay for longer periods at affordable prices. You are additionally being asked to test the hypothesis that the average stay at Residence Inn hotel in Little Rock, AR is more than the average stay in the Fairfield Inn, in Little Rock. For this purpose, you randomly selected 7 more guests who stayed at the Residence Inn at Little Rock during the last 6 months and this information is provided below.
2 3 1 4 3 3 1
5. Please state the null and the alternative hypothesis for this test.
6. What is the value of the Test Statistic and the p-value?
7. What is the statistical and the administrative decision at the 0.05 level of significance?
8. Based on all your findings can you suggest what Fairfield Inn should emphasize in their promotions? Should it be different from Residence Inn or should it be the same? Please justify your answer based on findings.