This Assignment targets this course outcome:
MN502-3: Evaluate the application of models of practice to the advanced nurse roles.
What is the difference between a model and a theory?
A model demonstrates the researcher’s interpretation of how concepts are related to one another and is developed based on qualitative research. A theory is a hypothesis tested and measured to explain, predict, describe, and prescribe relationships between concepts and is developed through quantitative research.
In short, the difference between a model and a theory is the amount of proof that exists in demonstrating the outcomes they predict.
What do models and theories have in common?
Both models and theories show relationships between concepts. Models often are precursors to theory development.
Locate a model of practice that you could apply to nursing. It does not need to be a nursing model. Models of practice can be found in leadership, business, education, and technology. Explain how you will use the model you chose in your advanced practice role.
Use the table template to organize your thoughts and present them for this Assignment. In the first column, list the characteristics of the model of practice you chose. In the second column, list your application to your advanced nursing practice role upon graduation. In the first row, in the first column, write the name of your chosen model. An example has been provided in the first rows to guide you. Please remove the examples when entering your information.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- Minimum requirement of at least 5 sources of support
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition