I need complete 2-3 pages paper on the following assignment. HALF PAGE LENGTH IS NOT ACCEPTED. Must address the all steps properly. Must include 3-5 credible references from provide required readings and cited in APA. Must provide 100% original work.
DO NOT PROVIDE THE PREVIOUSLY USED WORK.
DO NOT WRITE QUESTIONS IN ANSWER!
This assignment consists of two parts.
Follow these steps:
- 1. Visit The Provider’s Guide to Quality and Culture at http://erc.msh.org/mainpage.cfm?file=1.0.htm&module=provider&language=English&ggroup=&mgroup=
- 2. Click on Getting Started (top left side tab).
- 3. Take the Quality and Culture Quiz. Note that this quiz is not a “test.” Your score is not as important as what you learn from the results of the quiz. It takes about 10 minutes to complete and is designed to assist you in learning about how culture influences health care.
- 4. After completing the quiz and reviewing your results, write a complete one-page paper that reflects upon the following:
a) What did you learn about how culture influences health care? Mention specific questions you answered correctly and those you answered incorrectly.
b) What did you learn about yourself after taking the quiz? Mention your own strengths and weaknesses in terms of specific beliefs, concepts, and skills related to your ability to effectively work with and interact with diverse cultures in the health care setting.
Follow these steps:
- 1. Read and Choose ONE of the articles’ topics the following articles. You will use the information in the selected publication as you go through the phases of applying the PEN-3 model to develop a hypothetical health education program.
Purcell, N., & Cutchen, L. (2013). Diabetes self-management education for African Americans: Using the PEN-3 model to assess needs. American Journal of Health Education, 44(4), 203-212.
Lindberg, N. M., Stevens, V. J., & Halperin, R. O. (2013). Weight-Loss Interventions for Hispanic Populations: The Role of Culture. Journal of Obesity, 2013, 542736.
- 2. Write a complete 1-2 pages paper that includes the following:
a) Provide a brief overview of the health issue among your selected group, statistics about the scope of the problem, and its implications for health.
b) Describe the Cultural Identity of the group you chose. Specifically address how each of the PEN-3 model’s three factors within Cultural Identity applies to your group and provide examples. Use subheadings to clearly show that you have addressed each of the three factors.
c) Support your discussion with references from scholarly and professional references (not just your opinion).
In your paper must include
· · Complete 1 page length for Part 1 and Complete 1-2 pages length for Part 2.
· · Proper introduction and conclusion.
· · 3-5 references from provided readings and cited all in APA.
Management Sciences for Health (2008).The Provider’s Guide to Quality and Culture. Retrieved April 1, 2013 from http://erc.msh.org/mainpage.cfm?file=1.0.htm&module=provider&language=English&ggroup=&mgroup=
NOTE: In the following document, just read the Intro, review the Key Concepts, and then view the Lecture: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Maternal Child Health Bureau (2009). Core Concepts in Cultural Competence. Retrieved April 1, 2013 from http://support.mchtraining.net/national_ccce/case0/home.html
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Office of Minority Health (2005). National Standards on Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS).Retrieved May 1, 2012 from http://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/templates/browse.aspx?lvl=2&lvlID=15 . (Note: Read the Case Assignment before accessing this website. There are certain parts you are to review.)
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (USDHHS), Maternal Child Health Bureau (MCHB) (2009). Core Concepts in Cultural Competence. Retrieved May 1, 2012 from http://support.mchtraining.net/national_ccce/case0/home.html
Yick, A. &Oomen-Early, J. (2009).Using the PEN-3 model to plan culturally competent domestic violence intervention and prevention services in Chinese-American and immigrant communities.Health Education,109(2), 125-139. Retrieved May 1, 2012 from ProQuest.
Airhihenbuwa, C. & Webster, J. D. (2004) Culture and African Contexts of HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Support.Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS Research Alliance.
Full article retrieved from http://www.ajol.info/index.php/saharaj/article/viewFile/30064/22717
Summary retrieved from http://www.comminit.com/africa/node/268394