I’m studying and need help with a Writing question to help me learn.
One of the most important responsibilities of worship leaders is effective and accurate calendar and budget planning. The purpose of this project is to equip you with practical skills to facilitate strategic and effective ministry organization, while at the same time providing a framework for realistic budget planning. This is a 4-part assignment consisting of: 1) Calendar; 2) Budget and Ministry Action Plan; 3) Worship Schedule; and 4) Budget Presentation PowerPoint and Script.
You have 1 of 2 options as a guideline for this assignment:
- You may complete this assignment based on your current ministry setting.
- If you do not have a current ministry, complete this assignment for a church that averages 1,000 in worship attendance.
This assignment is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 7.
Part 1: Calendar
Prepare a 2-page Music and Worship Ministry Calendar listing for the current calendar year:
- Specific Dates
- Special Features or Projects
- Mission Trips
- Special Presentations (Christmas, Children’s Musicals, Student Projects, etc.)
This calendar will serve as the basis for Parts 2 and 3 of this project.
Part 2: Budget and Ministry Action Plan
- You will prepare a 8–10-page Ministry Action Plan that provides a detailed budget request to support the calendar developed in Part 1 of this project. The budget will be for the current calendar year. Length will be determined by the number of ministry groups and projects.
- When planning your budget, funds should be requested for:
- Adult Choir (100 members)
- Student Choir (60 members)
- Children’s Choir
- Hand Bells or similar ensemble
- Worship Teams (Adult and Youth)
- Ensembles (Instrumental Groups, Woodwinds, Brass Groups, etc.)
- Video and Music Licenses (i.e., CCLI)
- Mission Trips
- Printing and Promotion
- Christmas Pageant
- Easter Pageant
Part 3: Worship Schedule
- Using a Worship Planning Grid, you will plan a detailed worship schedule for 3 months (May, June, July). This plan should include:
- Specific Dates
- Information for all Sunday Mornings PLUS 1 additional service each week (Sunday PM, Wednesday PM, etc.). Make this practical by using your church’s worship service structure
- Choir features (specific titles and publishers) for all services
- Instrumental features (specific titles and publishers) for all services
- A minimum of 6 soloists, duets or trios (title and publisher)
- A minimum of 3 Ensemble Features (title and publisher)
- Special Emphases or Themes (i.e., Father’s Day, Patriotic)
- Preludes/Offertories for each Sunday (which group or person will present?)
- At least 1 Dramatic Feature (include publisher or full script)
- At least 5 Video Features (include title, vendor and/or website for download)
The Worship Planning Grid should serve merely as an example; you are encouraged to use your creative skills and practical experience to enhance and improve the form.
Part 4: Budget Presentation PowerPoint and Script
You will submit a 5-minute overview of the budget designed as if being presented to a finance committee of a local church. The presentation PowerPoint should highlight unique aspects of the budget request. Along with the PowerPoint, you must provide a WORD or PDF document with the “narrated” presentation, as you would use if giving this presentation in front of a finance committee. Remember: you must highlight unique aspects of your budget request!8oy