Assignment Master’s-Prepared Nurse Interview Details:
Refer to the “Master’s Prepared Nurse Interview Guide student” as you prepare this assignment.
Interview a nurse who is master’s-prepared in nursing and is using this education in a present position. Preferably, select someone who is in a position similar to your chosen specialty track(Masters of Nursing with Specialty in Education). The purpose of the interview is for you to gain insight into the interplay among education, career path, and opportunities. Be certain to identify specific competencies that the MSN-prepared nurse gained, and is presently using, that reflect advanced education. Organize your interview around the topics below:
1. Overview of the master’s-prepared nurse’s career
2. Reason for seeking graduate education
3. Description of present position and role
4. Usefulness of graduate education for present role
5. Pearls of wisdom he/she is willing to share
In 750-1,000 words, write the interview in a narrative format. Use the following guidelines:
1. Within the paper’s introduction, explain your interview selection.
2. Do not identify the individual by name.
3. Use centered headings to separate parts of the interview.
4. In the conclusion, identify one or more competencies from the interview that are consistent with GCU program competencies and/or AACN education essentials. In addition, provide a statement that reflects what you gained from the interview.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
NUR502.Rubric.Master’sPreparedNurseInterviewGuide_1-9-14.docx (See Attachment)
1. Introduction is comprehensive and makes the purpose of the paper clear by restating the thesis.
2. Thoroughly presents all of the information to portray a clear chronology as well as richness of detail.
3. Thoroughly presents the process that led to the decision to seek graduate education as well as the program itself with clarity, order, and depth.
4. Thoroughly presents all of the key elements of the present position with emphasis on competencies required. Describes in rich detail, and includes advice given and original insights.
5.Conclusion is comprehensive; paints a clear picture of the potential outcomes and career opportunities of graduate education; identifies key points of the interview; and demonstrates insight and interpretation.
6. Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive. The essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
7. Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
8.Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
9.All format elements are correct.
10. In-text citations and a reference page are complete and correct. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.